The iKNOW project has successfully developed a dynamic three dimensional (3D) tag cloud to visualise keywords associated to more than 400 wild cards and weak signals (wi-we) potentially shaping or shaking the future of science, technology and innovation in Europe and the world.
To visit iKNOW’s tag cloud, please click here.
As the European Foresight Platform (EFP) project can be seen as the follow up of the European Foresight Monitoring Network (EFMN), the EFP Mapping Environment will be based on the proven concept of the EFMN Mapping activities. However, the lessons learned during the EFMN project will be integrated in the new EFP Mapping Environment.
The Mapping Environment will be both (a) an independent working environment for the EFP WorkPackage 2 activities lead by the University of Manchester and (b) a “plug-in” section of the EFP website (lead by TNO). The main objectives of developing a fully operational mapping environment are:
- To map foresight practices, outcomes and players
- To analyse key features and outputs of foresight exercises
- To put in place an interactive “Mapping Environment” for data input/validation/output
- To provide a common space to share and discuss foresight findings and documents
- To interact and share information with other work packages (especially the website)
- To network the Mapping Environment with other EC projects/networks (i.e. ERAWATCH, METRIS, iKNOW)
- To generate appealing information about practices and key findings of foresight exercises (producing annual mapping reports for different readership)
Since January 2009 we have been developing the iKNOW Community. We have developed Web 2.0 platforms aimed to interconnect and share knowledge of people who care about science, technology and innovation (STI).
If you think you belong to one or more of the following groups, please join us and share your knowledge about emerging issues (e.g. weak signals or wild cards) shaping or shaking the future of science, technology and innovation (STI)
- Are you a policy-maker? (dealing with local, national, EC, IGOs or INGO issues)
- Are you a decision-maker? (dealing with SMEs and large corporations issues)
- Are you a researcher? (dealing with RTD or STI-related issues)
- Are you a foresight or futures research practitioner ?
For further information about the iKNOW Community, please click here.