Research Assistant position in the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research
See job advert at The University of Manchester website:
- Closing date : The closing date for this vacancy has now passed.
- Reference : HUM-04316
- Faculty / Organisational unit : Humanities
- School / Directorate : Manchester Business School
- Division : Innovation, Management and Policy
- Employment type : Fixed Term
- Duration : Available until 30 September 2015
- Location : Oxford Road, Manchester
- Salary : £25,013 to £28,972 (pro rata) per annum
- Hours per week : 0.50 FTE
The purpose of the post is to provide research assistance and support to both ongoing and forthcoming research projects in the areas of Foresight, Horizon Scanning and Innovation Research (e.g. VERA – Forward Visions for the European Research Area; CASI – Public Participation in Developing a Common Framework for Assessment and Management of Sustainable Innovation; CfWI HS – Centre for Workforce Intelligence Horizon Scanning), led by Dr Rafael Popper and Professor Ian Miles. You will be expected to undertake a range of assistance activities as directed by Dr Popper.
The position will involve work on a variety of Foresight and Horizon Scanning (FHS) projects, both contributing to ongoing FHS activities and bringing an FHS element into projects dealing with specific topics. You may also be required to assist in the deployment of relevant tools and activities (e.g. online surveys, groupware, futures workshop facilitation, cross-impact or SWOT analyses) in other contexts where they may be useful. The work will typically be interdisciplinary and will require drawing on contributions from a range of professions and fields of study. Studies may be executed within the UK, Europe, and other overseas regions, such as Latin America and South Asia. The position will require practical experience in the translation of anticipatory and future-oriented research outputs into policy recommendations.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, the University of Manchester will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EEA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this appointment.
- Informal enquiries can be made to Rafael Popper
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0161 275 0926
- The University of Manchester values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.