VERA Focus Group 4 (Berlin, 28/04/2014)
This slideshow highlights key moments of the strategic debate focus group (FG) on strategies and recommendations for the future of European Research Area (ERA) with selected research funding actors in Europe. The FG was part of VERA Work Package 5 activities led by the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR) in the framework of the European Commission funded VERA project.
The focus group (FG) with research funding actors was co-organised with ISI Fraunhofer in Germany in order to explore:
- Key opportunities and threats of ERA futures for research funding actors.
- Key strategies of research funding actors vis-à-vis ERA scenarios by 2030.
- Key objectives of research funding actors that should be included in the ERA agenda.
- Key strategies of research funding actors vis-à-vis ERA objectives.
- Key recommendations from research funding actors for ERA-relevant actions today.
This discussion on the possible futures of the European Research Areas and the perspectives and interests of different stakeholders is a crucial input into the debate and policy making process at the European and national level. ERA is a dynamic concept, and it must be thought of as a long term endeavour, considering the implications for and strategies of all stakeholders involved.