VERA Focus Group 5 (Barcelona,15/05/2014)
This slideshow highlights key moments of the strategic debate focus group (FG) on strategies and recommendations for the future of European Research Area (ERA) with selected actors involved in ERA-related instruments (ERA-NETs, ERA Chairs, JPIs, etc.). The FG was part of VERA Work Package 5 activities led by the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR) in the framework of the European Commission funded VERA project.
The focus group (FG) was co-organised with IPTS in Spain in order to explore:
- Key opportunities and threats of ERA futures for ERA-related actors.
- Key strategies of ERA-related actors vis-à-vis ERA scenarios by 2030.
- Key objectives of ERA-related actors that should be included in the ERA agenda.
- Key strategies of ERA-related actors vis-à-vis ERA objectives.
- Key recommendations fromERA-related actors for ERA-relevant actions today.
This discussion on the possible futures of the European Research Areas and the perspectives and interests of different stakeholders is a crucial input into the debate and policy making process at the European and national level. ERA is a dynamic concept, and it must be thought of as a long term endeavour, considering the implications for and strategies of all stakeholders involved.