VERA Focus Group 7 (Brussels, 27/06/2014)
This slideshow highlights key moments of the strategic debate focus group (FG) on strategies and recommendations for the future of European Research Area (ERA) with selected International actors. The FG was part of VERA Work Package 5 activities led by the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR) in the framework of the European Commission funded VERA project.
The focus group (FG) with International actors was co-organised with ISI in Germany and IPTS in Spain in order to explore:
- Key opportunities and threats of ERA futures for international actors.
- Key strategies of international actors vis-à-vis ERA scenarios by 2030.
- Key objectives of international actors that should be included in the ERA agenda.
- Key strategies of international actors vis-à-vis ERA objectives.
- Key recommendations from international actors for ERA-relevant actions today.
This discussion on the possible futures of the European Research Areas and the perspectives and interests of different stakeholders is a crucial input into the debate and policy making process at the European and national level. ERA is a dynamic concept, and it must be thought of as a long term endeavour, considering the implications for and strategies of all stakeholders involved.