Successful foresight course for CNR (Italy)
The foresight team of the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIoIR) has successfully delivered a 3-day foresight course for the National Research Council (CNR) in Italy.
The course programme consisted of 16 sessions, including eight lectures, five practical exercises and three interactive discussions:
The eight lectures focused on:
- Foresight Fundamentals and Methods: A comprehensive review of Foresight Methods, tools and techniques (Delivered by R. Popper)
- Foresight Fundamentals and Methods: Analysis of the pros and cons of each of the tools and methodologies (Delivered by R. Popper)
- A detailed examination of top-down vs. bottom-up foresight approaches (Delivered by R. Popper & G. Velasco)
- Using Interaction: Multi-Stakeholder and WI-WE Workshops – Selected case studies: VERA and iKnow projects (Delivered by R. Popper)
- Using Expertise: Expert Panels and Interviews (Delivered by R. Popper & G. Velasco)
- Roadmapping Fundamentals and Applications (Delivered by R. Popper & G. Velasco)
- Using the results of Foresight: From Anticipating to Recommending Futures (Delivered by R. Popper & G. Velasco)
- Sustaining impact: On foresight and horizon scanning platforms (Delivered by R. Popper)
The five practical exercises focused on:
- Process and Methodology
- Design and management of participatory processes
- Design and management of expert-based processes
- Recommendations and Impact
The three interactive discussions focused on:
- Mixing technocratic and democratic approaches: How could additional tools or techniques add value to the current S&T Foresight Project approach?
- Strengths and weaknesses of various Foresight approaches with particular reference to the Science and Technology Project approach
- CNR Foresight vis-à-vis global foresight approaches: How can the S&T Foresight team improve the presentation of the results of the Foresight project? How can stakeholder engagement be improved?
For further information about the CNR Foresight Project, please contact Luisa Tondelli at email@example.com
To see the full course programme, please click here