Czech Policy Dialogue on Sustainable Innovation (Prague, 10/03/2016)
Duration: From 9.30am until 3pm (including lunch and coffee break).
Location: Technology Centre ASCR (Ve Struhách 1076/27, 160 00 Prague 6).
Organiser: Futures Diamond with contributions from The University of Manchester.
The main purpose of the dialogue is to:
- Facilitate dialogue with policy-makers and other relevant stakeholders (business, NGOs, interest groups and researchers) about ways to strengthen societal engagement in sustainable innovation;
- Explore strengths and weaknesses of current policies and praxis for societal engagement in sustainable innovation;
- Discuss barriers to stimulate societal engagement in sustainable innovation;
- Develop recommendations for policy-makers to be handed over to national political committees and public authorities and to be highlighted at the CASI policy conference in November 2016.
Regarding the focus of the dialogue, we have looked at how the Top 10 research and innovation agendas resulting from the mapped 500+ SI cases (we have in CASIPEDIA and available at http://www.casi2020.eu/casipedia/cases/) are relevant to:
- 22 priorities related to Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge on ‘Climate action, resource efficiency, environment and raw materials’, and
- 27 priorities resulting from a citizens-experts-citizens (CEC) process.
We would also be discussing gaps and potential bridges between these sets of priorities, as well as their relevance to the Top 10 research-priorities voted by the Czech citizens (and inspired by their visions http://www.casi2020.eu/visions-bank/).